The Ultimate Road Trip Packing List: Everything You Need for a Great Road Trip
Packing for a Road Trip is Exciting! But It’s also Really Daunting
If you are travelling with your family, you may want to take a look at this checklist. It will help you prepare for any car trips you may be taking in the future.
This checklist includes all of the necessities that are necessary for a family trip. It will help you pack light and still have everything that is needed for your trip. You can also use it if you are traveling with just one person or even if you are not going on a family trip but just need to pack light for any other reason.
A car is your home on the road. It’s where you live when you’re travelling around the country or exploring new places. It needs to be stocked with all the essentials that will keep your family happy and healthy while on the go.
A road trip checklist is a list of all the things you need to pack for a road trip.
Road trips are a great way to explore the world and make memories. However, road trips can be stressful and overwhelming if you don’t plan ahead. Here are the essential items you can’t forget when packing a bag for a road trip:
- Fresh Bottled Water for each member of the family.
- A decent up to date Map and a list of stores and Fuel Stops for example I travel to Cornwall which is a good 5-hour drive. A Sat Nav but I know from personal experience they are not always accurate so a decent map is essential.
- Screen Wash
- Engine Oil
- Make sure you’ve checked your Tyre pressures and your car has recently had a service.
- Break Down Cover and the details of your Cover ie AA RAC or Green Flag.
- Make sure you’ve had a good nights sleep before a long trip.
- Plan your route well arrange a stop half way on your journey.
- Details of your destination address ie booking references and a phone number in case you go over your check in time.
- Mobile phone chargers and a portable battery charger.
- A tyre pressure pump.
- Suitcases with all the clothing you might need.
- Warm Blankets and a towel just in case you decide to take a detour to a beach
- A list of restaurants and eating places available
- A guidebook for the area you are staying with lists of attractions.
- I am a National Trust Member which is just brilliant for days out with the added bonus of free beach car parks. All for £6.50 per month as a single parent family.